Many of us are so used to managing a disease and symptoms that we often forget to ask the most important question:
- Is it possible to reverse my chronic symptoms?
- Can I fully heal?
Over the last decades research in Lifestyle Medicine and Health Coaching has shown that the majority of chronic health issues can not only be stopped but reversed using comprehensive lifestyle modifications into our life. The science is sound. We know it works.
But the biggest challenge is knowing what to do. It can be really confusing especially considering the flood of information and online articles about diet, exercise and stress management.
You might ask yourself: What should I do? Which lifestyle changes do I really need?
That’s where I come in.
I’ve been trained as a Lifestyle Prescriptions® Health Coaching which combines
- Root-Cause Analysis (finding the WHY and the specific root-causes of your symptoms) and
- highly personalized and targeted Health Coaching Techniques & Protocols known to produce quick and sustainable results.
Lifestyle Prescriptions® Health Coaching is fast. You’ll see results right away.
Lifestyle Prescriptions® Health Coaching is extremely satisfying because you get answers.
Lifestyle Prescriptions® Health Coaching works. Even if you decide to improve just 1% each day!
Click FREE CONSULTATION (on the top of this page) and lets start our conversation.
Lifestyle Medicine and Health Coaching– Research
Here’s a small selection of research studies showing how our lifestyle habits affect our symptoms and how the majority of chronic symptoms can be reversed.
Lifestyle and Preventive Medicine
- Dr. Dean Ornish, considered the grandfather of Lifestyle Medicine, and his Preventive Medicine Research Institute could demonstrate in double-blind studies the direct relationship between lifestyle modifications (nutrition, stress management, fitness, social support) and diseases and our body’s ability to stop and reverse up to 80% of chronic health issues. Here are some of their findings:
- Evidence Overwhelmingly Supports Efficacy of Lifestyle Medicine
Excellent resource of research with extensive research links covering cancer, erectile dysfunction, heart disease, diabetes, stroke, pain and weight management.
Emotions and Health related Research
- List of research projects related to emotions and their affect on our body
- Energy Psychology Research
- Human Emotions on the Onset of Cardiovascular and Small Vessel Related Diseases.
- Differences in anxiety among patients with early- versus late-onset Alzheimer’s disease.
- Brain activity linking negative emotions to a lower immune response against disease (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1534743100).
- Depressed elderly people have fewer lymphocytes and T-cells – white blood cells crucial for fighting disease. Published in Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics (vol 72, p 253)
Traumatic Events, Stress & Social Research Studies
- Life Event, Stress and Illness
- Pain and Emotions: A Psychosocial Review of Current Research
- 75 to 90 percent of visits to primary care doctors may be related to stress, only 3 percent receive stress management
- Stressful life events, personality, and health: An inquiry into hardiness.
- Stress and the Individual Mechanisms Leading to Disease
- Stressful life events: Their nature and effects
Writing Lifestyle Prescriptions® – Research
Over the last decade there’s been increased awareness about the need to provide options to clients and add lifestyle based prescriptions to increase compliance and health outcomes.
* To clarify, Lifestyle Prescriptions® is the exclusive worldwide trademark of Lifestyle Prescriptions University and can only be used after completing a course or training and being approved by Lifestyle Prescriptions University
Lifestyle Prescriptions® practitioner are focusing on all 6 Root-Causes which include stress management, emotions, beliefs, social stressors and lifestyle habits like nutrition/food, exercise, sleep.
Other non-trademarked names used are:
- Green Prescriptions (prescribing exercise)
- Healthy Prescription (mostly focusing on healthy foods)
- Social prescriptions (focused on social lifestyle improvements)
- Nature prescriptions (like walking in nature, etc.)
- Nutrition Prescriptions (food and diet based)
Research showing the efficacy of prescriptions lifestyle includes:
- Making sense of social prescribing
UK doctors use social prescribing
- Lifestyle Medicine: A Primary Care Perspective
Collaborating with patients and families to develop action plans such as lifestyle prescriptions, practicing and promoting healthy behaviors, and drawing on an interdisciplinary team of care providers.
- Prescribing healthy food
Prescribing healthy foods could bring cost-effective benefits
- Green Prescription (Ministry of Health New Zealand)
Green Prescription research shows that a Green Prescription (GRx) is an inexpensive way of increasing activity for sedentary people.
- Green Prescriptions and Their Co-Benefits:
Integrative Strategies for Public and Environmental Health
- Nutrition Prescriptions
Nutrition prescriptions are one way for physicians and other health care providers to outline a healthy, balanced eating plan for patients.
- Making sense of social prescribing
The science is compelling. We know Lifestyle Medicine and Lifestyle Prescriptions specifically work. Now, its time for you to take action – let me help and guide you.
More research details are available at www.LifestylePrescriptions.TV.
By Yuan Fisslinger PhD(C)